The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program serving Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) is part of the Chester County Health Department and serves residents of Pennsylvania who are income eligible and have a medical or nutritional risk.
MA, TANF, and SNAP recipients are eligible for WIC but are asked to provide income information. Foster Children are also eligible.
Eligible pregnant, post partum, or breastfeeding women, infants, and children to the age of 5 receive:
- free healthy food vouchers cashed at local grocery stores;
- nutrition education provided by nutritionists or registered dietitians;
- health screenings and referrals to other social service agencies;
- breastfeeding education and support
- Monday and Wednesday: 10:00am to 6:00pm
- Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday: 8:30am to 4:00pm
- Call 610 383-3824 to schedule an appointment
- Visit chesco.org for a complete listing of WIC benefits and services